For technology-minded people looking for a timekeeper to help them keep time during their busy day and still be stylish, there are many different smartwatch solutions available on the market these days. Well, we found one that’s stylish, offers plenty of features, and is affordable.
We decided to look at this Pebble Time Smartwatch and provide you with some informative information when the time comes for you to decide if you would like to buy one.
What Makes the Pebble Time Smartwatch Tick?
The biggest attraction when it comes to the Pebble Time Smartwatch is that the time is always on in the e-paper display. It provides one with a 64-color screen giving it a retro feel. The screen measures 1.25-inches and uses very little battery life and for the most part, one can read the display even while bright sunlight shines on the screen.
It consists of an ambient light sensor and available in three different colors red, black, and white. The updated models include a backlight intensity level when used outdoors for bright light. The design of the smart watch consists of a gorilla glass screen and surrounded by a bezel that may be distracting for some people.
Another great thing about this watch is that it does not have a touch screen which is great for people who do not find the latest touchscreen technology important. The timekeeper has a charm of its own with a casual look. The stainless-steel border provides it with a touch of class.
The Pebble made with simplicity in mind
The Pebble Smartwatch is simple to use with its basic buttons to select with Pebble’s new timeline interface and one can map quick-launch shortcuts making use of the watch simpler. When turning the watch around there are a couple of quick-release triggers to swap straps and some other great notable hardware includes an accelerometer, a microphone for voice commands, a vibrating alert, and ambient light sensor for brightness.
The best Part of it, it’s a waterproof smartwatch up to 30 meters while it has Bluetooth 4.0 LE to connect with other devices.
Includes great software
As with any Pebble watch you need to pair the watch with your phone in order to make it work and requires the Pebble Time app, this app is available for both iOS and Android. This allows you to add a variety of apps from watch faces, notifications, events, news, and reminder. And it’s the best fitness tracker for cycling!
Not only does this watch provide you with time, but it is a watch for fitness as well, presenting you with a pedometer app when installed counting every step you take. The watch includes default apps, including music, alarms, notifications from your phone and watch faces.
Another superb feature is that it provides you with the past, present, and future information with its Pebble timeline interface for things you care about the most i.e. weather, missed calls and more by seeing what is ahead or by catching up what has already happened.
- The time is always on and designed with color e-paper display with an LED backlight
- The battery lasts up to seven days
- It is water-resistant up to 30 meters
- Has a built-in microphone for voice commands and rapid replies
- Provides you with thousands of watches faces available from the Pebble app store
- You receive a magnetic USB charging cable and instruction manual
- Choose from three different color designs
- Designed with marine grade stainless steel and PVD coating
- Has a tough glass display with tactile buttons for ease of use
- Has a vibrating motor providing you with discreet alarms
Overall customers are pleased when it comes to Pebble Time Smartwatch reviews when searching online providing some excellent ratings. They are pleased with the user interface of the watch, battery life is superb, and while the color display is great. While some clients found the voice, recognition was not working as great as it should be.
- Comfortable while wearing
- It has a fantastic battery life while using different apps
- The controls are instinctive while the interface is eye-catching and nice to use
- The on-time display is easy to read and see even while sunlight is shining on it
- Provides you with ample of customization selections to choose
- Great Smartwatch as it is not only restricted to Android and iOS systems
- For some, it may have too much bezel
- Voice recognition does not always seem to work properly
For many people, the Pebble Time Smartwatch may not be for the fashion minded person, but if you are looking for more than just a watch it will provide you with some great features. Time is always on display, it provides long battery life and compatible with more than just an Android or iOS system.
The watch will provide you with great timeline interface features from an easy-to-access to reducing the need of launching apps all the time to keep it updated and recommended by many clients and worth a try. You can read more about this watch on Amazon.