DMAA as an Adderal Substitute
DMAA (also known as Methylhexanamine and 1,3-dimethylamylamine), is a popular stimulant used by body builders and professional athletes to give them extra concentration and focus. It is also used to give them that extra push during workouts.
DMAA is often combined with Caffeine and other stimulants to create a powerful 1-2 punch. You can view DMAA as more powerful than your morning cup of coffee but without the jitters. It is not as strong as amphetamines however.
My favorite source of DMAA has to be Jack3D. Jack3D is created by USP Labs as a pre-workout supplement. It contains DMAA, Caffeine, and a lot of other things. It gives you that intense focus and motivation to clean the house, write articles, lift heavy thing, and read tons of books.
If you are going to try Jack3D out, take one scoop of it in the morning and do not take anymore for the whole day. Continue with your 1 scoop a day dosage for 5 days and than take the rest of the week off. The first week will get your body used to the stimulants. After the first week, you can take up to 3 scoops in one day–if you really want to. But make sure you do not go past the 5 days on 2 days off suggestion. Also, after taking Jack3D for 4 weeks, take a week off or else your body will be used to it and you won’t see any added benefits.
Ephedrine as an Adderall Substitute
Ephedrine is the active ingredient of Ephedra (called Ma-Huang in Chinese). Ephedra is a herb and is not regulated like Ephedrine. Ephedra/ephedrine is a popular drug for students, weight lifters, and dieters. It increases concentration and focus while reducing hunger and fatigue.
Ephedrine is only one oxygen and one hydrogen away from Methamphetamine and a close cousin to Amphetamine. Therefore, you can view Ephedrine as much more powerful than caffeine and only a little bit less powerful than Adderall. It is a very close Adderall substitute.
We did our research and found that the easiest way to get Ephedra was online. You can not buy Ephedrine at the pharmacy anymore. However, you can buy Ma Hung herbal pills online since they fall under “traditional Chinese medicine” and do not fall under FDA regulations.
The best type of Ma-Huang we found online was Hi-Tech’s Black Widow 25mg Ephedra Tablets. It contains pure Ma-Hung and no other ingredients. It also has great reviews. The only bad reviews were from people who didn’t know what they were doing or took the pill with caffeine. DO NOT TAKE MA-HUANG WITH CAFFEINE.
Take one pill in the morning and see how your body feels. Do this for 3-4 days and, if it is not enough, take another pill. Do not take your morning coffee or else you will feel some terrible side effects. Ephedra is extremely powerful, it is a cousin to Adderall.
What are some signs of Adderall withdrawal? Adderall is a stimulant, a very powerful one in fact, and if one abuses Adderall, they can become dependent to it. Once someone is dependent to a drug, their body will be so accustomed to receiving the drug regularly that, if they suddenly quit using the drug, their bodies would go into withdraw.
Withdraw is the physical reactions a person’s body has after not receiving a regular dose of something that it has grown to expect.
Do you remember the story of Pavlov’s dog? After pairing a bell with food for so long, the dog grew to expect the food once the bell was rung. When Pavlov rung the bell, the dog would salivate. This happened if food was in front of the dog or not.
Same thing with Adderall.
After a long period of use, a user’s body can grow to expect an increase in heart rate, CNS activity, and bodily functions every day because of the constant intake of stimulants. The body adjusts for this by reducing stimulation in the body. However, once the Adderall is removed, the body still has the lower level of stimulation than normal: the result is withdraw.
Signs of Adderall and other Stimulant Withdraw
- Extreme Fatigue – Because the body is so used to the constant intake of stimulants, the natural stimulation of the body decreases. Once Adderall is removed, this lower level of stimulation is showned as extreme fatigue. Individuals might be drowse and sleepy all day for several days once they first get off of Adderall.
- Depression – It has been noted that, once someone quits Adderall, their body’s serotonin and dopamine level would be much lower than normal. This is because Adderall causes an increase in these neurotransmitter and, because of that, the natural level of these neurotransmitters are decreased. Some rehab centers prescribe anti-depressants to patients who are quitting Adderall.
- Cravings – There might be psychological cravings to take more Adderall. The person might miss their productivity when on Adderall or want relieve of these withdraw symptoms.
- Irritability – Because of the withdraw and lack of dopamine and serotonin, a person would be more irritable and less happy than normal. They are also a little cranky.
- Digestive Issues – Adderall increases the speed the digestive system works at. After a long time use of Adderall, the body’s digestive system would get used to the increase speed by decreasing its normal digestive speed. Once someone quits Adderall, they might experience stomach cramps and digestive issues because the body is digesting slower than ever.
- Headaches – Headaches occur because the body is used to having more blood going to the brain. Once this blood pressure decreases, the veins in the brain shrink. This change in size is what is believed ot cause headaches.
How Long Does These Adderall Withdraw Symptoms Last?
Adderall withdraw symptoms can last from 2 weeks to a few months, depending on the dosage and length. This changes with every person. Some people report having cravings or symptoms 2 or 3 months after they quit Adderall. Remember, even a simple thing like caffeine has withdraw symptoms that last for months.
What can I do About Adderall Withdraw
First, you can use a gradual approach to quitting Adderall. This creates less shock on your body and, because of that, reduced withdraw symptoms. Before you do anything, tell your doctor you would want to quit Adderall. He will monitor your health during this time as well as change your prescription to a lower amount. You can get Adderall in amounts as low as 2.5mg. This is way below the maximum dosage of 40mg.
A gradual approach will slowly ease your body into normal functioning levels. It will also allow you to not be impaired for a few weeks–this is great if you have a job or school.